July 29, 2010

Embroidered/Appliqued Pillow



After sewing my slip cover I gained some confidence in my sewing abilities. I made this pillow to go with my chair that I covered. To make the pillow I started by working on the applique. I cut out the various pieces of fabric and then cut out matching pieces of "Bondaweb" which is an iron-on fabric fuser. I ironed on the fabric and then went back and machine stitched around the outside of the fabric to secure on the fabric. After sewing on the various pieces of fabric I hand embroidered some detail on the bird and leaves. Next, I cut up little pieces of fabric to make the nest and then sewed those onto the fabric. Once all of the applique was finished I sewed the fabric onto a blue background to provide contrast and bring out the blue in the bird's eggs. I then sewed the front onto the two back pieces and then stuffed it with the pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment