April 29, 2010

A Nautical Dinner Party

This past summer I decided to host a dinner party for my friends. It had a nautical theme and my mom and I made all the food from scratch! We went out to a couple of the local farms and picked corn and blackberries and bought cantaloupe, watermelon and some squash. I used the cantaloupe to make sailboat place cards using sticks and cardstock to make sails with everyone's names on them. For dessert, I made homemade blackberry sorbet (with the blackberries we picked) and anchor vanilla bean sugar cookies! I also made homemade watermelon punch that I served in a watermelon! We had already hollowed out the watermelon to make the punch, so we had bought a spout, put it at the bottom of the watermelon and used it to serve the punch! I would say that overall the dinner party was a great success!



No comments:

Post a Comment