January 8, 2014

Dimple Stitch Cashmere Hat

The cold weather and my new found post-college free time had me thinking about getting back into knitting. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to make, so I just started looking at the yarns that we already had in our yarn stash and found this gorgeous pink cashmere. 

While looking for patterns I found this beautiful pattern on the Purl Bee blog that I absolutely loved and did not look too terribly hard! I love the Purl Bee blog- it is the blog for the knitting/sewing/craft store called Purl Soho in NYC. Coincidentally, we were taking a trip to NYC to visit my cousin Meghan this winter and a stop by Purl Soho was on the list of things to do, so I was extra motivated to start knitting!  

I ended up finishing my hat in the hotel in New York the night before we went to Purl Soho, and I was glad I did because it ended up being freezing cold and snowing that day! I was a little reticent to wear it out in the city as I have a history of loosing beloved homemade hats in New York cabs (to my defense I was much younger), but I was just extra careful and my hat has made it home safely and been put to good use during our chilly winter. 

That day we went to Purl Soho, and it was just as wonderful as I remember. I got an early Christmas gift of soft merino wool- which I will be using to make my next project- and had a lovely time just looking around at all of the different projects and yarns. We also had a lovely tea prior to going to Purl Soho at the Harney & Sons Tea Shop. It worked out perfectly because they were literally a block away from each other, and the tea was delicious. Harney & Sons was mostly a tea shop, but they had a small tea room in the back where we stopped in a had scones, tea, and macaroons, the perfect afternoon treat on a cold winter day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment