January 22, 2014

Afternoon Tea

It's always been a tradition to have tea, whether for special occasions, while exploring other cities, or just at home with family and friends. My best friend, Gabby, will soon be going back to Indiana, where she is in a PhD program for Classical Studies, so I wanted to have tea before she left. 

On the menu was Pistachio Raspberry cupcakes (I made minis this time because there were a few other items, but I think the concensus was we prefer the regular size ones), cream scones, and currant scones. 

My sister Emily helped me make the scones and we had a variety of loose tea - English breakfast, blueberry, and apricot! 


Here are the recipes for the two scones. The cream scones are smaller, but you could cut the currant scones into rounds instead of triangles if you wanted them to be smaller as well. 

I like to serve my scones with lemon curd, raspberry preserves, and Devanshire cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment