September 10, 2011

Pleated Skirt


I made this skirt at a sewing workshop I took at the Bernina store down in Chesapeake. The woman who taught the class was really great, she went to design school up in Boston. The class was about 5 hours long which was great because I was able to almost finish my skirt. The only thing I wasn't able to finish was the hem. In the class I learned how to make pleats, put in a zipper, and in general follow the pattern. I think I had the most fun making the pleats. Its a little tough to get them all lined up, but sewing them fun and it makes the skirt a lot more interesting than just having it be straight. By far the hardest part was putting in the zipper! It was pretty tricky because you have to get it perfectly lined up with the seam and then make sure that it doesn't get bunched up or anything. The zipper came out a little less than perfect, but its in the back so its not like you can really tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment