September 24, 2011

Citrus Coasters

I found these Citrus Coasters on one of my favorite craft blogs, Purl Bee. Purl Bee is the blog for a sewing/knitting store in SoHo in Manhattan called Purl Soho that I visited last winter. The store is absolutely adorable and the blog always has really cute ideas for craft projects! As part of our annual family trip down to the Outer Banks we always do a craft night. This year I found these coasters and thought that they would be a fun summertime addition to everyone's coffee tables.. The actual process is relatively easy albeit a little time consuming if you decide to hand stitch everything like we did (you could probably assemble the coasters with fabric glue and it would be faster but it wouldn't have the charming detail of the stitching ). I think that the coasters turned out great, each one really has its own character which I love about handmade crafts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment