September 29, 2010

Market Bag


I knitted this bag for my friend's birthday back in September. I actually had uploaded these pictures awhile ago but forgot to post them! Anyways, I made this bag using a pattern my mom had from The Yarn Basket, one of the few knitting stores left in Virginia Beach . The pattern calls for you to knit in the round using circular needles. This was really fun to make because I got to learn a new stitch! I learned how to "yarn over" which is very simple, and gives the knitting a lacey look. I also learned how to make handles! The bags that I have made in the past have mostly been felted bags so I have just made handles that get sewn on but these were actually incorporated into the knitting which was pretty neat!

I recycled a paper bag to wrap it and used some of the left over yarn to tie it up!

The pattern has a "pocket" that lets the bag be folded into itself to form a pouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment